At the start of a year it feels like there are a lot of days ahead of us, which is true. However they fly by so fast. The quote: … is very true. Through looking back I have seen that a lot is different now then when the year started. I learned a lot, which I will share. These are the 17 lessons I learned in 2017 and will be applying in 2018.
“It’s funny how day by day nothing changes. But when you look back everything is different.’’– C.S Lewis
The 17 Lessons I Learned in 2017
- The only guarantee I have is that one day I will be dead, therefore I might as well risk it all. Opportunities are not guaranteed. Take chances when they are presented. Do not miss chances that’ll permanently change your story. Especially not for things that will not even make a dent in your story.
- Always bet on today. Never on tomorrow. Saver, enjoy and get the most out of every today.
- It’s okay to walk away from people and things. It’s okay to burn the bridge even when in the moment it hurts. Just make sure that you know in your hearts of hearts that in the end it’s the right decision.
- Other people’s reality of you doesn’t have to be your reality of you. Do not go after people who know nothing about you.
- Keep your circle tight. Real tight. Be careful who you tell what to. Some people are just curious. Which means they don’t want to know to help but to spread the word.
- Be grateful for the little things, the big things and for everything in between. Even in your worst moments something even worse could have happened so be grateful that it didn’t.
- Be careful with your ‘’I am’s’’. Everything you put after it has the power to manifest in real life. Narrate the story that you want. Therefor never put anything after ‘‘I am’’ that you do not wish to be true, even if it is your current reality. Your words have power.
- Your inner peace is the most important thing to keep. If that means not reacting, taking a day off or just pausing life for a minute, do that. All other things can wait. Being one with yourself is more important.
- Be careful what you give your energy to. Some things are just not worth your energy anymore. Not just things for that matter, people as well.
- If you’re going to be indoctrinated, be indoctrinated in your field. Indoctrinate your mind with the information that it will use as tools to manifest your dream. To get ahead in your chosen field. Your mind is like a sponge, water it with the right kind of information.
- Don’t be a conformist. I learned the hard way that experience doesn’t mean that the person knows better. Look at their experiences and take out what is applicable for you and what works for you. Not everything they say is going to work on your path. Remember I write My Story Of I and no one else. Never ever give the pen away.
- Forgive yourself. I’m not perfect, I make mistakes. Some days more than others. I am only human that knows only so much. When I know better, I will do better. Until then I’ll stumble on, till I get it right and I will. I will get it right. Perhaps not everything but most things. But for now I forgive myself for the mistakes I have made.
- Get out of your own way. I am my own worst enemy. I can scare myself so badly that I won’t come out of bed. This is me getting in my own way. Things are never as bad as they seem. Scared or not, it’s best to just do it and not think it dead. This however doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t make thoughtful decisions.
- Take full responsibility for your life. Learn to make better decisions to get better outcomes. Everything that happens is a result of a decision you once made. Even the little decisions can matter more than they’re given credit for.
- People are not going to understand why you’re saying no to the things that you used to enjoy doing. You know why you are saying no and that is all that matters. They’re not on the same path as you, it’s only logical that they don’t understand. Explain it to them, but if they still don’t understand let it be. It’s okay for people to not understand.
- I learned to spend time on things that make me tired and not drained, those need to go. For me that is writing. No matter how many hours of sleep I have to miss in order to get everything the way I want it I will do it, because I love it. I love me when I’m writing, not only then just for the record. I get physically tired but never am I drained. I always have some energy left to make it my kinda perfect. Rid yourself of all things that drain your energy.
- Last but not least I learned to surround myself with people who are different minded. Different as in motivated, inspired and grateful. People who I can bounce ideas around with, have deep talks. Those conversations are highly motivating and also energizing.
There you have it, the 17 lessons I learned in 2017. It has been a year with many life lessons. In different categories of my life.
I can’t wait to find out what 2018 will teach me.
PS. If you’re curious about what all I learned in 2016, you can find a round up here.